Carbon fiber connector to anchor FRP systems on concrete and masonry
C-Joint is a connection system made of unidirectional carbon fibers for the construction of an anchor between existing structures and carbon FRP structural strengthening systems. The connection must be made on site and consists of a bundle of long unidirectional carbon fibers held together in a special mesh which gives the bundle a cylindrical shape.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Carbon fiber connection element, Ø 6, 10 and 12 mm, 10 m long.
Special epoxy resin with high adhesive power for the application of the C-JOINT connector.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- It eliminates the risk of triggering local collapse mechanisms due to the overturning of infill walls, thanks also to the connector that is inserted
between the wall and the beam/slab;
- Effective connection between the building structure and the applied strengthening systems, to achieve the continuity necessary to guarantee
the reliability of the reinforcement;
- Excellent adhesion to any building material: normal and pre-stressed reinforced concrete, or masonry.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Connection of FRP strengthening systems;
- Realization of structural connections where it is not possible to close the carbon mesh wrap on itself;
- Anchoring of the traditional reinforced slab with carbon mesh.