Unidirectional 182 g/m² carbon fiber for FRCM strengthening system with inorganic matrix
C-Mesh 182 is a FRCM structural strengthening system with unidirectional carbon mesh and stabilized inorganic matrix for reinforced oncrete constructions. The increased weight of carbon makes it suitable for applications on concrete such as wraps or shear or bending reinforcements. This strengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals that of traditional FRPs with carbon fibers and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
182 g/m² unidirectional carbon fiber mesh available in the following heights:
- 25 cm (roll length equal to 15 m).
MX-C 50 Concrete
Stabilized inorganic matrix specific
for applications on concrete supports
(in compliance with the EN 1504-3
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Increasing the flexural strength capacity of reinforced concrete beams.
- Increasing the flexural strength capacity of the joists in clay/concrete composite slabs.
- Increasing the strength capacity against combined axial and flexural forces in reinforced concrete columns.
- Increasing the strength capacity against shear of structural elements such as beams, joists in clay/concrete composite slabs, columns, and beam/column nodes.
- Increasing the strength capacity and ductility of non-confined reinforced concrete nodes.
- Increasing the strength capacity of the extremities of reinforced concrete columns.
- High system reliability thanks to post-cracking behaviour in detachment conditions.
- High system ductility and energy dissipation capacity.
- The system is also resistant to high temperatures and to freeze-thaw cycles.
- The inorganic matrix has very good adhesion to the concrete support.
- Simple and reliable placement of the inorganic matrix, which is laid in the same way as a traditional premixed bagged cement mortar.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Adapting and upgrading the static and anti-seismic behaviour of RC buildings.
- Adapting and upgrading the static and anti-seismic behaviour of RC infrastructure.
- Structurally strengthening beams against bending.
- Structurally strengthening hollowcore composite slabs against bending.
- Structurally strengthening columns against combined axial and flexural forces.
- Structurally strengthening reinforced concrete beams, slabs, columns, and nodes.
- Confinement of reinforced concrete columns subject to combined axial and flexural forces.