Bidirectional 42+42 g/m² carbon mesh for
FRCM strengthening system with inorganic
C-Mesh 42/42 is an FRCM structural strengthening system with bi-directional carbon mesh and stabilized inorganic matrix for the reinforcement of masonry structures. The light weight makes it suitable to prevent overturning and for the reinforcement of non structural components, often with the use of PBO connectors. This strengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals that of traditional FRPs with carbon
fibers and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Bidirectional carbon fiber mesh 42 g/m² in warp and 42 g/m² in weft available in one height:
• 100 cm (roll length equal to 15 m).
MX-C 25 Masonry
Stabilized inorganic matrix specific for applications on masonry supports (in compliance with the EN 998-2 Standard).
Connection element in carbon fiber, Ø 6, 10 and 12 mm, length 10 m.
Stabilized inorganic matrix for the application of C-JOINT.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- It eliminates the risk of triggering local collapse
mechanisms due to the overturning of infill walls,
thanks also to the connector that is inserted between
the wall and the beam/slab.
- Increases the shear strength of masonry panels,
the bearing capacity of columns and pillars, and the elimination of the formation of hinges on arches
and vaults, favoring the redistribution of tensions
within the structure.
- Significant increase in the ductility of the reinforced structural element, high energy dissipation capacity
and high reliability of the system, even if subjected
to cyclical overloads (e.g., earthquake).
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Light interventions on load-bearing masonry elements and on infill walls.
- Replacement of the traditional reinforced slab made with glass, synthetic or electro-welded steel mesh.
- Creation of an anti-overturning system for vertical non-load-bearing closing elements, limiting the cracks that may lead to the collapse or overturning of
the infill wall.