Bidirectional 42+42 g/m² carbon mesh for
FRCM strengthening system with inorganic
C-Mesh 42/42 is an FRCM structural strengthening system with bi-directional carbon mesh and stabilized inorganic matrix for the reinforcement of masonry structures. The light weight makes it suitable to prevent overturning and for the reinforcement of non structural components, often with the use of PBO connectors. This strengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals that of traditional FRPs with carbon
fibers and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Bidirectional carbon fiber mesh 42 g/m² in warp and 42 g/m² in weft available in one height:
• 100 cm (roll length equal to 15 m).
MX-C 25 Masonry
Stabilized inorganic matrix specific for applications on masonry supports (in compliance with the EN 998-2 Standard).
Connection element in carbon fiber, Ø 6, 10 and 12 mm, length 10 m.
Stabilized inorganic matrix for the application of C-JOINT.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Reduced risk of triggering local overturn mechanisms in internal partitions.
- Reduced risk of triggering local overturn and collapse mechanisms in external infill walls.
- Reduction of local collapse mechanisms in non-structural elements.
- No increase of the participating masses and no modification to the stiffness of the structure.
- The system is also resistant to high temperatures and freeze-thaw cycles.
- The inorganic matrix has very good ability to adhere to the support and very good chemical and physical compatibility with masonry.
- The inorganic matrix is easy and reliable to apply, in the same way as a traditional bagged premixed cementitious mortar.
- The system can also be applied to damp supports without any need for special protection.
- The mesh is easy to apply and manipulate.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Anti-overturn protection for internal partitions.
- Anti-overturn protection for external infill walls.
- Connecting non-structural elements with the reinforced concrete structure of beams and columns.
- Non-structural works to public buildings.