Bidirectional 84+84 g/m² carbon mesh for
FRCM strengthening system with inorganic matrix
C-Mesh 84/84 is an FRCM structural strengthening system with bi-directional carbon mesh and stabilized inorganic matrix for reinforced masonry constructions. The increased weight of carbon makes it suitable for applications on masonry such as wraps or shear or bending reinforcements. This rengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals
that of traditional FRPs with carbon fibers and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Bidirectional mesh in 84 g/m² carbon
fiber in warp and 84 g/m² in weft available
in the following height:
- 100 cm (roll length equal to 15 m).
MX-C 25 Masonry
Stabilized inorganic matrix specific
for applications on masonry supports
(in compliance with the EN 998-2
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Increases the shear strength of masonry panels,
the bearing capacity of columns and pillars, and the
elimination of the formation of hinges on arches
and vaults, favoring the redistribution of tensions
within the structure.
- Significant increase in the ductility of the reinforced
structural element, high energy dissipation capacity
and high reliability of the system, even if subjected
to cyclical overloads (e.g., earthquake).
- Mantains the normal breathability of the substrate
and excludes the formation of superficial
condensation, a possible source of deterioration for
the wall decorations present.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Consolidation of vaults.
- Shear and bending reinforcement of masonry with
respect to the actions in and out of the plane.
- Wraps around slabs between floors and on corner
joints of wall bays.
- Seismic retrofitting.
- Increase the resistance to simple bending or combined
compressive and bending stress of columns and
- Replacement of the traditional reinforced slab with
glass or electro-welded steel mesh.
- Improvement of the ductility of the joints between
beams and columns through wrapping.