MICRO GOLD STEEL
Micro-concrete reinforced with metal fibers for structural reinforcement and seismic retrofit
Micro Gold Steel is a pre-mixed mortar reinforced with
metal fibers developed for seismic retrofit and the further reinforcement of reinforced concrete structures even without
the use of additional metal components. A highly ductile and lasting mortar, pourable, and strongly adhesive to any type of substrate is obtained with the addition of the proper amount of water. It has a hardening behavior after the post-cracking phase, that is, it increases the resistance to residual tensile stresses, unlike traditional structural fiber reinforced mortars. This mechanical behavior, characterized by a very high capacity of energy absorption, enables the use of Micro Gold Steel for the seismic retrofit of different reinforced concrete structures
adding limited thicknesses ranging from 15 to 45 mm.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
MICRO GOLD STEEL
Bi-component micro cement reinforced with steel fibers.
Units of 103.5 Kg approx. composed of:
- Part A no. 4 bags of dry premix 25 kg/each
- Part B no. 1 box of steel fibers 3.5 Kg.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- The presence of metal fibers in the cement matrix improves the mechanical characteristics.
- Extremely ductile and tenacity higher than that of traditional fiber-reinforced mortars.
- In the post-cracking phase, the three-dimensional contribution of the fibers increases the ability to absorb energy.
- High mechanical resistance to compression and bending.
- Ability to support loads even after the first cracking occurs.
- Easy and quick application and finishing.
- Resistance to freezing and thawing cycles.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Application where good serviceability limit states and very high ultimate limit states are required.
- Thin jackets (15-45 mm) even without reinforcement on reinforced concrete structures, beams, joints, foundations, and walls.
- Thin load bearing outer layers (15-45 mm) on slabs made of: brick and cement, wood, beams, bricks, or corrugated sheets.
- Restoration of reinforced concrete beams, pillars.
- Refurbishing of bridge decks.
- Restoration of tunnel crowns.
- Restoration of special pavements (airport runways, etc.).
- Replacement of structural plaster with arc welded steel mesh.