High performance mortar for the structural restoration of walls with polyvinyl alcohol fibers
MX-PVA Fibre-reinforced is a premixed mortar based on a high pozzolan hydraulic binder and low salt content, select aggregates, additives, and polyvinylalcohol fibers. Its particular composition excludes the possibility of chemical reactions with salts (sulphates, carbonates, nitrates, chlorides, etc.) present in the walls of old buildings. Following the addition of water, a highly adhesive, thixotropic mortar without shrinkage is obtained. It is durable and suitable to improve the ductility and toughness of masonry structures. It is ready to use: just add water to obtain a thixotropic mixture with no bleeding or segregation phenomena. It can be applied by trowel or spray.
In cases where a high aesthetic quality of the surface is required, use a suitable finishing coat.
Thixotropic mortar reinforced with polyvinyl alcohol fibers for the structural
restoration of masonry, the construction of reinforced load bearing outer plasters and layers.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- High capacity to absorb energy after cracking.
- High ductility and toughness.
- Increased tensile and flexural strength even after cracking.
- Excellent resistance to impact, wear and dynamic loads in general.
- No corrosion of PVA fibers.
- Excellent adhesion to masonry structures.
- High breathability.
- Complete compatibility with historical masonry.
- Absence of shrinkage cracking.
- High resistance to chemical agents (chlorides, sulphates,
acid rain, carbon dioxide, etc.).
- Ease and speed of installation and finishing.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Restoration of structures subject to shock loads.
- Fiber-reinforced plasters (without reinforcement mesh) for the restoration of infill walls.
- Reinforcement of load bearing outer layers (without reinforcement mesh) to consolidate vaults.
- Consolidation of existing walls by repointing with fiber reinforced mortar.
- Interventions in structures exposed to severe chemical-environmental conditions.
- Repair of damaged masonry structures.
- Preparation layer on masonry elements (brick, tuff, stone) for the application of structural reinforcements with composite materials.