Fiber-reinforced thixotropic shrinkage- compensated mortar for applications on concrete
MX-R4 Repair is a premix based on cement, select aggregates, super-fluidifying additives, shrinkage control agents for both the plastic phase (UNI 8996) and the hardened phase (UNI 8147), and polypropylene fibers. After the addition of water, a thixotropic mortar is obtained, highly adhesive to concrete, brick and iron, durable, and suitable for repairs and structural coverings, without shrinkage. It is ready to use: just add water to obtain a thixotropic mixture with no bleeding or segregation phenomena. It can be applied by trowel or spray. For a surface finish that ensures a high aesthetic quality of the intervention, use a suitable finishing coat.
Fiber-reinforced thixotropic mortar for the restoration of concrete and the preparation of the substrate for the application of structural reinforcements.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- High compressive and bending strength.
- Ease and speed of installation and finishing.
- Elastic modulus and thermal expansion coefficient similar to that of concrete.
- Resistance to sulphate (no degradation).
- Resistance to chemical agents such as chlorides (de-icing salts, sea water, etc.),sulphates, acid rain, carbon dioxide.
- High impermeability to water and aggressive aqueous solutions.
- Resistance to freezing and thawing cycles in the presence of deicing salts.
- No shrinkage cracks.
- No bleeding.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Repair of damaged concrete elements.
- Preparation layer for the application of concrete reinforced with composite materials for structural purposes.
- Repair of viaducts, beams and columns for highways, roads and railway lines.
- Filling of rigid joints.
- Structural coverings.