High performance mortar for the structural restoration of masonry
MX-RW High Performance is a premixed mortar based on a high pozzolan hydraulic binder and low salt content, select aggregates, additives, and polypropylene fibers. Its particular composition excludes the possibility of chemical reactions with salts (sulphates, carbonates, nitrates, chlorides, etc.) present in the walls of old buildings. A thixotropic mortar is obtained by adding water. The mix is highly adhesive to masonry, tuff, and stone, durable, and suitable for repairs and structural plasters without shrinkage. It is ready to use: just add water to obtain a thixotropic mixture with no bleeding or segregation phenomena. It can be applied by trowel or spray. In cases where a high aesthetic quality of the surface is required, use a suitable finishing coat.
MX-RW High Performance
Fiber-reinforced thixotropic mortar for the restoration of masonry, the construction of structural plasters and the preparation of the substrate for the application of structural reinforcements.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- High mechanical resistance to compression and bending.
- Excellent adherence to masonry.
- High breathability.
- Complete compatibility with historical masonry.
- Absence of shrinkage cracking.
- No bleeding.
- High impermeability to water and aggressive aqueous solutions.
- High resistance to chemical agents (chlorides, sulphates,
acid rain, carbon dioxide, etc.).
- Resistance to freezing and thawing cycles.
- Ease and speed of installation and finishing.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Repair of damaged masonry structures.
- Structural plasters reinforced with glass or steel fibers for the reinforcing of infill walls.
- Reinforcement load bearing outer layers reinforced with glass or steel fibers to consolidate vaults.
- Preparation layer on masonry elements (brick, tuff, stone) for the application of structural reinforcements with composite materials.
- Reconstruction of masonry with the “like for like” replacement technique.
- Consolidation of existing walls by restoring the sealing of joints (whether reinforced or not).