PBO connector to anchor FRCM systems on
concrete and masonry elements
Pbo-Joint is a unidirectional PBO fiber connection system for the anchoring of the existing structures and the PBO FRCM structural strengthening systems. The connection must be made on site and consists of a bundle of long unidirectional PBO fibers held together in a special mesh which gives the bundle a cylindrical shape.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Connection element made of PBO
fiber, Ø 3 and 6 mm, 10 m long.
Stabilized inorganic matrix for the
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Elimination of the risk of triggering local collapse
mechanisms due to the overturning of infill walls,
thanks also to the connector that is inserted
between the partition and the beam/slab.
- Effective connection between the building structure
and the applied strengthening systems, to achieve
the continuity necessary to guarantee the reliability
of the reinforcement.
- Excellent adhesion to any building material: normal and
pre-stressed reinforced concrete, or masonry.
FIELDS OF APPPLICATION
- Connection of strengthening systems with FRCM
composite materials with PBO fibers and organic
- Realization of structural connections where it is not
possible to close the PBO mesh wrap on itself.
- Anchorage of the traditional reinforced slab with PBO