Bi-directional 10+10 g/m² PBO mesh for FRCM strengthening system with inorganic matrix
Pbo-Mesh 10/10 is an FRCM structural strengthening system with bidirectional PBO mesh and a stabilized inorganic matrix for reinforced masonry structures. The limited weight makes it suitable to prevent overturning and for the reinforcement of non structural components, often with the use of PBO connectors. This strengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals that of traditional FRP with carbon fibers
and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Bi-directional 10 g/m² in warp and 10 g/m²
in weft PBO fiber mesh available in two
- 50 cm (roll length 15 m)
- 100 cm (roll length 15 m).
Stabilized pozzolanic inorganic matrix
in compliance with the EN 998-2
Connection element made of PBO
fiber, Ø 3 and 6 mm, 10 m long.
Stabilized inorganic matrix for the
application of PBO-JOINT.
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Reduced risk of triggering local overturn mechanisms in internal partitions.
- Reduced risk of triggering local overturn and collapse mechanisms in external infill walls.
- Reduction of local collapse mechanisms in non-structural elements.
- No increase of the participating masses and no modification to the stiffness of the structure.
- The system is also resistant to high temperatures and freeze-thaw cycles.
- The inorganic matrix has very good ability to adhere to the support and very good chemical and physical compatibility with masonry.
- The inorganic matrix is easy and reliable to apply, in the same way as a traditional bagged premixed cementitious mortar.
- The system can also be applied to damp supports without any need for special protection.
- The mesh is easy to apply and manipulate.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Anti-overturn protection for internal partitions.
- Anti-overturn protection for external infill walls.
- Connecting non-structural elements with the reinforced concrete structure of beams and columns.
- Non-structural works to public buildings.