Bi-directional PBO of 70+18 g/m² mesh for FRCM strengthening system with inorganic matrix
Pbo-Mesh 70/18 is an FRCM structural strengthening system with bidirectional PBO mesh and a stabilized inorganic matrix for reinforced concrete constructions. The structure of this PBO mesh makes it suitable for applications such as the wrapping of concrete columns or the reinforcement of beam-column nodes. This strengthening system does not use epoxy resins and its performance equals that of traditional FRP with carbo fibers and epoxy binder.
COMPONENTS OF THE SYSTEM:
Bi-directional PBO fiber mesh with 70 g/m²
in warp and 18 g/m² in weft available in two
- 50 cm (roll length equal to 15 m)
- 100 cm (roll length equal to 15 m).
Stabilized inorganic matrix specific
for applications on concrete supports
(in compliance with the EN 1504-3
PROPERTIES OF THE SYSTEM
- Increased resistance to simple bending, shear,
and combined compressive and bending stress of
columns and beams, increased ductility of the joints
between beams and columns, and increased
resistance in the beam-column joints.
- Significant increase in the ductility of the reinforced
structural element, high energy dissipation capacity
and high reliability of the system, even if subjected to
cyclical overloads (e.g., earthquake);
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- Improvement of the ductility of the joints between
beams and columns through wrapping.
- Confinement of reinforced concrete columns.
- Increased strength of the beam-column joint panels
by arranging the fibers according to the tensile isostatics.
- Shear and bending reinforcement of concrete beams.
- Reinforcement of normal and pre-stressed reinforced
concrete structures to bending, shear, and torsion.
- Confinement of columns subject to bending and
compression with small and large eccentricity.